Skip to main content



123 Ford Street

This building owned by Leo and Rose Shingles was located at 123 Ford Street until it's demolition in about 1973. In the 1940s it housed C. Burton Huse Photography Studio. Documents with the photo state that Mr. Shingles owned a business called L&S Amusements. Electricity was cut to the building in 1971 due to water running down the walls, ceiling and floors. The fire department was called because of smoke reported throughout . A leak in the roof was the cause of the water found at that time. #ogdensburghistory

Latest Posts

The Singer Store

War of 1812 Signage

The Hollywood Lounge

Abbe Francois Picquet Podcast

Ogdensburg Historian Receives Grant to Further Tech-Driven History Tours

Bread Pudding Recipe (Pain Perdu)

The Surprise Store

Senator Preston King

Brown Bag Lunch

Strollin' Down State Street Virtual Tour